Thursday, July 17, 2008

biking > 100 miles a week

That's been the goal the entire summer. I have been close to keeping it a reality every week so far. Living in the country can hamper things a bit when there is a 15 mph straight line wind out of the west that never seems to let up. Yea, sure it's fun to ride with the wind... but at some point in time, either before or after, you have to cruise into that wind.

(we live next to the fan man, I wonder if he has ever saved anyone from a volcano)



My dad and brother usually will follow suit and ride with me. It helps keep me motivated when other people also want to go out for a ride, especially on the days when work has been nothing but 10 hours or strenuous activity less fun that walking bare foot on newly set asphalt.

Here's a few shots from a 21 mile ride around Dekalb county. We road through a closed road, the maiden voyage.

A farmer actually set aside land for a natural prairie to grow, that knowledge is really refreshing. So my dad pilfers it's wealth of flowers to bring home to my mom in the only place he has to carry them.























reading: Nineteen Minutes.

Listening to: Forest City Lovers, Orphans