Monday, October 13, 2008

--10_14_2008_Raindrops brewing--

--10_14_2008_Raindrops brewing--

-The season is coming. That part of the year that gives Seattle its emerald color year round.... The nine months of rain that produce the three most beautiful months in any city within the United States. I guess to truly say you have lived in Seattle you have to experience it when it is at its most stereotypical state, rainy and grey... just about all the time.

I am sort of fearing the onslaught of clouds and short days heading my way. As a photographer light is my best friend. Yea, Illinois gets so cold it will force you to knowingly overexpose your film just because the silver doesn't react as quickly when it is sub zero. However, when Illinois is at its coldest it has some of the best light.

Here, it is not so much battling the cold and frost bitten shutter finger. It will consist of trying to create pictures that don't end up looking like mud. Low light ~ low contrast ~ dark mud. It'll have its benefits too, I just need to make the most out of the light (grey sky) when we are only going to be receiving just over 8 hours of it.

We have already started to see the change in weather. I laughed the other day however while waiting outside for an assignment and it started raining, from where?? I don't know. Maybe I was unfortunetly under a plane lightening its load, because when I looked up all I could see was one little tiny grey cloud in the mix next the the Columbia Tower.



No comments: