Thursday, October 2, 2008

--Inside Safeco's Belly--

--2008_1001_Inside Safeco's Belly--

Even though they were horrendous and I got here at the end of the season, I am still sorta sad to be done with shooting the Mariners at Safeco. After all, I only had the opportunity to shoot 4 games there, but I fell in love with the experience and routine I had by the time I shot the last game of the season on the 28th.

It's a pretty new stadium, 98 or so was when it was built, right around when the WTO took place in Seattle. So it was around during the tail end of photojournalists using film and moving into digital. It has darkrooms for all the major papers and wire services, and the PI / Reuters room still has a film processor, I think the fix is a little old though. It seems as if the switch to digital happened around 2001 according to the chalk board. Which makes sense seeing as that is when the Canon 1d came out. Kinda crazy how things have evolved so quickly in only 7 years of time.

Either way, here are just a few photos of the behind the scenes stadium so you can see just a little bit about what it is like shooting in big venues and exploring their underbellies.



















1 comment:

Patrick said...

too bad the marines blew this year so no playoff action