Tuesday, November 11, 2008

--11_08_2008_Beautiful Lake Crescent--

--11_08_2008_Beautiful Lake Crescent--

A tip from a friend left me excited to get a chance to come across a lake named Crescent during my Olympic Peninsula excursion. Lake Crescent resides right off of Highway 101 in the Olympic National Park on the way to and from Forks, Washington. Friday morning as I was making my way towards Forks it sorta snuck up on me, the lake pretty much comes out of nowhere. You pass a sign letting you know you're entering Olympic National Park, come over a slight rise and then down the hills and all of the sudden a large majestic body of water forms pretty much out of nowhere.

Crescent is a large, deep body of water caught on the outskirts of the Olympic Mountain range. I stopped wherever I could on the narrow two lane highway and took photos. I'd really love to come back to this area during the summertime and see the lake on a partly cloudy perfectly still day.... I can just imagine how glassy and reflective the water becomes.

cheers
-brad



Very, Very clear water.... also very cold water.






From natural to natural... with a little man made in between.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures. I was born and raised in Seattle and I always consider my hometown. I now love in Sequim, and was last in Forks in September (I have a cousin who lives there). We go to Lake Crescent quite often. I was also glad to see I'm not the only who takes pictures roads. I have one very similar to the one you took. Great job! I'm adding you to blog roll.

Roxana said...

um well you will get mad if i don't comment on every post but i dont have anything witty for this. the trees look pretty? okay bye.