Saturday, August 23, 2008

epic road trip, the beginnings

--Epic road trip, the beginnings--

Currently I am located in a seedy motel 6 with pat, my friend and road trip ally, in some small Montana town I can only vaguely remember being named Rocker.

It has been a pretty amazing trip thus far. About 1,600 miles down, about 500 or so to go. Maybe a tad less.

I'll try and update a few more posts further on including Badlands, Mt. Rushmore, and Yellowstone photos. But for tonight I think I will just give you a small taste of the beginnings of the 2,300 mile trip from Dekalb Illinois to Seattle Washington.

These photos are from somewhere in South Dakota just off of I-90 in one of the many giant sunflower fields. I wish Illinois was covered in sunflowers. They make for some good photos and great background. The flowers turned with us as we drove west in some sort of the same animal/plant instinct to go into the sun.

Also, a picture of the legendary josh birnbaum. We met up with him for a drink and dinner in Omaha Nebraska. It was good to meet up with him in such a different city.

Thanks for looking.

- brad









1 comment:

Roxana said...

typical josh pose.

love the sunflowers, you guys look so cute and innocent.