Friday, August 29, 2008

--Last leg--

-last leg-
Belated writings again. However this time it was not entirely all my fault. As some of you know I arrived in Seattle last Sunday, the twenty-fourth. So I have been in the Emrald City for six wonderful days.

But this is just a quick post with the last leg of the trip west. Pat and I took of from Sheridan Montana on Sunday and pushed all the way through to Seattle to round out the final 8 hours or so of driving. It was a beautiful drive with a few great stops along the way, well at least one GREAT stop, Missoula Montana.

What a town. I am definitely sending out internship applications to papers in Missoula for an attempt at a spring in a little known, liberal, outdoorsy city in Red State stronghold of Montana. We came into Missoula on maybe the perfect day anyone could as for, a little marathon / street festival was happening downtown and the weather was phenomenal.

Either way, we came into Seattle at around 7:30pm and stayed with a great friend of mine, Susie. She just happened to be having one of her Sunday night vegan Potlucks. It was a great way to introduce this city to pat and continue where I left off with my brief affair that was the summer of 2004.

So here are a few photos of the final leg of the trip. From here on in pretty much every post will be from in and around Seattle... that is until I feel nostalgic in which case I'll probably post a few updates from things that happened at home or with friends.

Here's to new beginnings in a relatively familiar place.

-cheers







No comments: