Friday, August 1, 2008

Settling is natural

----Settling is natural

First of five installments on one of my last and best weekends in the soon to be gone and missed Urbana Champaign.

Well, it would be that easy, that natural if life was followed the instructions of an organic juice bottle at. For as long as I can see in the upcoming future settling will not be in my dictionary or words I will be living by. Hoping for the life of a hit and run globe trotting photojournalist (a dying breed), I have no clue where I'll be 6 months from not let alone five years.

So, here's to not settling. Not settling for the mundane everyday life, to following your heart in the directions it wants to go even though it may be as uncharted as a swath through the ever dwindling amazon rain forest, here's to adventure, kindness, and making a difference.

It's sad to be leaving Champaign-Urbana. The past five years went by all to quick, yea quick even for 5 years. Yet I know leaving is only the first step in reaching my dreams.

Cheers

Reading: (Finishing up) Evidence of My Existence (pretty amazing book)

Listening to: Wolf Parade, Fine young cannibals









1 comment:

Roxana said...

it was a great weekend. i miss cu all ready :(