Monday, September 1, 2008

--The Goats are Coming--

--2008_09_01_The Goats Are Coming--

I'll make this one short. So I live in the neighborhood of Queen Anne, Seattle. It's about 3.5 miles north of Downtown, a neighborhood built on one giant hill. One block up the hill from where I live the neighbors pitched in and rented a heard of goats from a farmer to clear all the overgrown vegetation from the hill that is on their block in front of their houses.

I find this inspiring, environmentally aware, and most of all hilarious and fun. The goats are extremely nice, and even with an abundance of food at their hooves they are more than happy to grab whatever you pick right from your hand using their eager tongues.

I'll most likely visit them every day for the next week while they are here and watch their progress and take some more photos.

I found it hilarious when I saw the goat, known for being on mountains and hillsides, using the stairs to get at the growth.... Lazy goat.

Thanks for looking - brad

Listening to: not so ironically... The Mountain Goats, Dance Music













2 comments:

Erica Magda said...

omg this is amazing. i love the detail shot of his ear. more plz.

Patrick A. Traylor said...

You're all a bunch of hippies out there... I love it.