Wednesday, September 24, 2008

--To move a house, up a hill--

--2008_09_05-09_House Move_BV--
I had time to follow a small project for a few days soon off after I arrived here. I had an assignment to sort of cover a house move for a few photos to go along with a story the PI was writing about it. I felt after spending a little time there, something could be made of the situation.

I decided to try and cover as much of the process as possible. I ended up spending 20 plus hours with these guys over the span of 3 work days, Thursday and Friday prepping the house to be moved, and then Sunday @ 2 in the morning when the actual moving of the house started.

As far as the actual move, it went about as smoothly as one can expect when moving a house up a giant hill in Fremont. It was a long move, from 2am - 11:30am and I stuck with it the whole time..... Well the house got stuck at the bottom of the hill so I took a nap on the street for about two hours waiting for it to get rolling again.

Here are a few of my favorite shots as far as the actual moving goes. I will make a separate post of portraits I made of the workers throughout the days.The full slideshow can be seen @ Fremont House Move | Photos from seattlepi.com

best
-brad

Listening to: Bob Marley

Reading: What is the What (a lot to go)























No comments: