Wednesday, October 22, 2008

--10_12_2008_I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes... then a skateboarder crashed--

--10_12_2008_I saw the sign and it opened up my eyes... then a skateboarder crashed--

On Sunday I was called up for an assignment about a homeless couple that are trying something new to bring in enough money to feed themselves and last through the week.

Homelessness in Seattle is a big problem. It's very evident no matter where you go that people are down and out.

I believe in giving to the organizations providing for the homeless. Not directly to the hand, so that the money can for sure go towards food and housing instead of other things.

With that said however, these two had a creative way to bring in the eyes of their providers though. Instead of one sign and actively asking for money they produced a hundred or so signs and let the eyes come to them. Through their creativity they seemed to be doing better than most others on the street.





2 comments:

Erica Magda said...

i see tilt. hah. really cool. can u do a day in the life of?

Amelia Moore said...

that skateboarder is totally JP Goguen!