Wednesday, October 22, 2008

--10_16_2008_Domestic Violence Arrests--

--10_16_2008_bad boys bad boys--

This past Thursday I road along on undercover busts of domestic violence offenders who had warrants out for their arrest.

The tricky part is however, they have warrants, but we did not have warrants for forced entry so we had to have someone inside the building answer the door before the police could storm in to arrest the subject.

For the half day that I was with them we were 1/3 with 2 no answers and then the last one we were on was a successful bust finding the subject hiding in the closet.

This was my first time shooting something like this. It was pretty crazy as far as guns a blazing and possibly armed suspects and such. Plus due to all innocent until proven guilty and such we cannot show the suspects face in the photos or the undercover police officers.

This is the photo we chose to run b front in the paper. I love how it turned out with all the above hardships upon shooting something like this. It doesn't show his face.... but it has his face with the shadow. You can make out the officers but can't. I dunno, I was happy walking away with this image for being the first time covering this type of thing and only actually have one bust that day to shoot.

5 comments:

Patrick A. Traylor said...

Awesome dude. Pretty rockin image. I love the shadow of the guys face. I might crop off the left side though so you just get the silhouettes of the two cops and not the like half head of the third and maybe crop up from the bottom to keep it the same shape. I dunno. Sweet assignment and great execution with the limitations.

Feelin' Young said...

Hey Brad, I'm a huge fan of your Neil Young photographs from the Comcast Arena (http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/pop/384464_young23q.html?source=rss), and I was wondering if there are any high quality jpg's available of this last photograph as I would like to make a print: http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/dayart/20081022/450neil_young22_015_bv.JPG

Thank you kindly, I wish you well.

Joey Cos

Maria said...

This came out pretty damn good with the restrictions you had.

Roxana said...

why didn't i see any GOD DAMN NEIL YOUNG PHOTOS?

not to mention, WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE CELINE DION PHOTOS.

Dude said...

Nice fucking photo, dude.