Sunday, November 23, 2008

--11_21_2008_The best things in life--

--11_21_2008_The best things in life--

On Friday while working on an assignment around downtown I was so hungry and tired. I was shooting some and wandering around looking for better angles and areas when I decided I would swing by Dog in the Park, a little slice of heaven hotdog stand on 4th and Pine set back into a building on Westlake park. Something just sounded so right to me about a kielbasa with a toasted bun slathered in cream cheese with hot peppers, cabbage, and seuarkraut. Ya know the works.

Well turns out not to many people have the same cravings.... at 9:30 in the morning because the shop was still closed up and lifeless, not to mention dogless. I was however greeted by something even better. Free food. There was a weird verizon publicity event in the park and Starbucks was giving away free oatmeal and coffee.

I'd never tried it, but oatmeal covered in dried cranberries with a hint of brown sugar is terrific.

Great little energy boost for the little mountain climb I did later that day. It was pretty cool going out into the mountains just as they are starting to get covered in snow. When I went out there was a very prominent snow line dancing across the higher elevations.

Thanks for looking

Brad





2 comments:

Roxana said...

i tried that oatmeal from starbucks the other day. its real good but too expensive to buy every day, so make my own. im glad you got some for free.

Patrick A. Traylor said...

im loving that last image man... i needs me some mountains in my life.