Monday, November 24, 2008

--11_21_2008_Debit card down_bv--

--11_21_2008_Debit card down_bv--

It's never a good time to lose your debit card. A couple days ago when I was filling up for gas at the shell station on Mercer I must have been so caught off guard by the possibility of getting 88 cent gas I dropped the card and didn't even notice. (I did not actually get 88 cent gas, the display must have just been broke)

I proceeded to drive into the Cascades and shoot an assignment requiring a little mountain climb in some very muddy conditions. After finishing my shoot (see prior post) I stopped off at a gas station to grab a coffee and cheetos for the trip back. As I went to pay I couldn't find my card, luckily I took out some money just before losing the card and had enough to cover the snack. I figured my card slipped out of my pocket in my car, but as I was tearing my car apart looking for it I figured the only other place I could have lost my card was on that mud covered mountainside.

Just before heading back to the mountain to scour (most likely aimlessly even if the card was lost there) I got a call from my parents saying someone had called my bank said they found my card. My bank said thank you, please destroy the card, and then deactivated my account. After talking with the bank and making sure that my last transaction was actually mine I was finally relieved.

So, thanks kind stranger.

Here are some random photos I made that day, some while I had my debit card, one right at the point where I lost it, and one afterwards.

Thanks for looking,

Brad







3 comments:

Roxana said...

can i make one of these my background? okay thanks.

Aaron Facemire said...

Oh hai, that signs says 8 and 8/10 cents not 88. That would be flippin awesome. Sorry bout the card though.

Erica Magda said...

ooo love the last one. ooo.