Wednesday, December 31, 2008

--12_31_2008_a little farewell and the portfolio thus far--

--12_31_2008_a little farewell and the portfolio thus far--

Since it's the end of 2008 and the end of my time here at the Seattle Post-Intelligencer. I figured I would throw up my current portfolio, as it stands now at the end of 2008. Note, these all were not shot in 2008 this is my complete portfolio. I figure it will be nice to look back at this and see how much it changes come 2009, 10, and so on. I'll split each section into different posts so it's easy to follow and separate out the different sections.

I think I have improved quite a bit this year and the Post-Intelligencer has been a huge part of that. I'll continue to wok on improving every aspect of my work in 2009 and we'll see where it leads.

Today is my last day of interning at the P-I. It's been a fantastic experience and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I've grown as a photographer and a human being by being around such an amazing staff of photographers, editors, and writers. It'll be hard not coming through the P-I doors anymore to grab assignments that took me all over this wonderful city and parts of this state. I'll miss so much of my experience here and most of all the wonderful people I had the opportunity to work with each day.

In a few days I'll be leaving this amazing place and heading home to visit with my family and friends in Illinois for a little more than a week. Then I am off to my next internship in quite a different place than Seattle Washington, Hutchinson Kansas. I'll be working for Hutchinson News, a smaller 30k circulation paper in Hutchinson which is pretty much in the center of Kansas. It's sort of strange right now only staying in towns for 4 months at a time before moving onto the next opportunity. However, I enjoy the challenges that come with change and all the opportunities that follow closely behind.

Thanks to everyone at the Seattle Post-Intelligencer, you made my first internship an amazing and unforgettable experience.

I'll post the portfolio in a few different blogs. Here are my sports images. It's a little long and I'll probably cut a few here or there depending on who I would be sending the portfolio to.

Best,
And have a great New Year.

-Brad






















No comments: