Saturday, January 17, 2009

2009_01_17_Driving like a Blind Pig

2009_01_17_Driving like a Blind Pig

After my brief week at home I headed a little out of the way to go south to Champaign-Urbana to visit with a few friends there before heading out to Hutchinson, Kansas. Just as Seattle's weather tried to hold me back when I left there, I had to brave pretty treacherous roads to make it down to U of I. There was no way I was going to head out to Kansas without making it to see a few great friends first however.

The usual two and a half hour drive turned to be a close to four hour slick endeavor with a few snow drifts along the way. There were quite a few cars in the ditch along the way but as long as you drove slow it was pretty safe. There was one area where a ton of police cars were and such but it seemed to only be a fender-bender that was blocking a couple of lanes.



After arriving safely in town the weekend began as a few friends and I hit downtown Champaign for a great time.

Cheers,
Brad

Listening to: I love you more, The Streets.

The Blind Pig, a great little establishment in downtown Champaign.


I think Face was in awe, or shock, for a little bit over the fact that I was going to the famous land of Kansas. (photo: Adam JB)




The end of a very long night.

2 comments:

Roxana said...

i will not approve of this post until erica is in it.

Erica Magda said...

hahah adam's face. update your blog roxy then.