Monday, January 19, 2009

2009_01_19_Onward to Kansas

2009_01_19_Onward to Kansas

Following the wonderful breakup breakfast I headed on my way to Hutchinson, Kansas. The drive was uneventful and pretty long for one day. Once I was through Kansas City the few miles afterwards still had lights and signs of civilization as the sun was just dipping under the horizon. As I swung off the four lane highway with a little over an hour to go the lights seemed to disappear. The last leg of the drive was pretty rough, no lights, very few cars, and no idea if I was even heading in the right direction. The one thing that was spectacular though were the stars, without any light pollution so to speak the sky was as dark as I have ever seen it with the stars popping like holes drilled through a black lamp shade. (I have no photos of this, but I will eventually)

Either way I'm here, Hutchinson, Kansas. I'm slated to be here through the end of June so from here on out most posts will come from this strange and foreign place to me.

Thanks for looking,
Brad Vest

Crossing the Mississippi along with a flock of birds.


Kansas.


I don't normally do self portraits, however the light on the way to Kansas was a very intense orange and I couldn't resist. Pardon the scummy facial hair, it was a long week with little time for frivolities like shaving.


The only lights for miles around were the cars passing by me on the two lane highway towards Hutchinson.

2 comments:

Erica Magda said...

ohhh kannnsasssuhhh! nice self portrait. hehe.

Roxana said...

you're scraggly. the sky looks beautiful there.