Thursday, January 22, 2009

2009_01_22_Dodge City with a side of beef

2009_01_22_Dodge City with a side of beef

I've never seen as many cattle as I've seen while trotting around in Kansas so far. They're everywhere. Just the other day I was sent out to Dodge City, Kansas to shoot a high school basketball game in a tournament. As I was nearing the town I was hit by the overwhelming smell of cow, every single thing about a cow, all in one, all at once. I didn't notice the actual cattle at first just the huge plant with hundreds of freezer trucks waiting to be filled.



I arrived in town an hour or so early so I decided to check around and find the cattle. As I turned back to follow my nose I found a 'scenic overlook' on the outskirts of town. Not overlooking a majestic forest, mountain, or body of water, just a huge mass of cattle mooing and feeding.

It was an experience.

Best,
Brad Vest




Way to many cows to fit into a picture. This is just one of the many feed lots. It was crazy.

1 comment:

Roxana said...

ughhhhhh. so glad i switched to tofu.