Friday, January 30, 2009

2009_01_30_Kansas sheds her light

2009_01_30_Kansas sheds her light

This past Wednesday I had the opportunity to travel about four hours west of Hutchinson to a small town near the border of Colorado called Marienthal, Kansas, where a fresh set of Vestas wind turbines is sprouting from the ground. I can't post any of the actual windmill photos since the paper is not publishing the story until later in February or even March, I'm not quite sure. They'll be up at some point in time though.

Here's just a little peak at the western Kanas sky. I was banking on an amazing sunset to really make the photos while shooting the wind farm and she didn't disappoint. At first I was a little worried as the sun dipped behind the clouds before it had a chance to really make the sky glow. But just as I was getting ready to call it a night it started to peak back out and eventually came out right before it dipped below the horizon.



Thanks for the light Kansas, I'll put it to good use.

be well,
Brad Vest

Listening to: I.H.O.J, Destroyer